Sunday, January 17, 2016

Tweeting re DemDebate

In connection with tonight's DemDebate, I am tweeting this:
Can Secretary Clinton be trusted with #DeclareForDemocracyhttp://campaignfinancereformers.blogspot.com/2015/10/why-should-anyone-believe-hrc-on-cfr.html
If you are going to tweet, I urge you to consider using the individually directed tweeting method I employ. That method is described at Tweeting and State of Union Address. Also, you might be interested in what I suggested last week regarding Tweeting for the GOPDebate.

The main debate hashtag appears to be #DemDebate. If you decide to employ my method, you should go there to start sending your individually directed tweets.

1/18 Results
I got 183 page views of Why should anyone believe HRC on CFR?
In soliciting campaign finance reformers to tweet re DemDebate, I got 101 page views of Tweeting re DemDebate.
I got about 20 retweets, favorites, and other replies.
I did not watch the debate and do not know what came up about money and politics, except I have looked at the AOL news item 'Goldman Sachs!': Bernie Sanders unloads on Hillary Clinton for ties to 'corrupt' finance system.
On the @DemSpring tweets page, I see only one tweet with the #DemDebate hashtag, which is DemSpring's retweet of:
On the @DemSpring likes page, the only tweets I see with the #DemDebate hashtag are four tweets of Elise Whitaker, which four tweets invite participation in DemSpring, e.g.,

I want to publicize #DeclareForDemocracy. I assume DemSpring wants to publicize its April action. Is the foregoing tweeting worthwhile for those purposes? Could more and better tweeting have been done for those purposes? Inquiring minds want to know.

DISCUSSION
The above People4Bernie tweet shows 22 retweets and 56 likes. Elise Whitaker's tweet shows 21 retweets and 26 likes. These numbers, and my page view numbers, call for consideration of the phenomenon of "preaching to the choir" versus "pushing messaging out." For discussion of the differences in these two types of messaging, see Breaking out of like minded social circles. I don't have definitive answers concerning what is more effective. I am inclined towards my messaging approach. DemSpring, MAYDAY.US, etc., should at least think about the differences and make a conscious decision and recommendation about how they think tweeting should be done.

FURTHER REPORT AND DISCUSSION
I have sent to users of #BernieinAL hashtag this tweet:
Report on tweeting re DemDebate. http://2016candidatesdeclarations.blogspot.com/2016/01/tweeting-re-demdebate.html
I consider this more "push out" messaging. I have been endeavoring to "push out" messaging to the Sanders campaign since July. See Proposed messaging re: Congress. MAYDAY has declined any interest in this "push out" messaging. I think that has been shortsighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment