Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Calling for more tweeters

This entry attempts to give an indication of where tweeting stands in the midst of the ferocities of the campaigns of the Presidential candidates.

Because of Iowa's voting first (on February 1st), and the national news attention that Iowa gets, I have focused on Iowa the past couple of weeks. See DeclareForDemocracy - Iowa for what I first did.

This past week I have been trying to get tweeting banks set up for Iowa. See Tweeting banks for Iowa (proposed to Sanders campaign) and The IOWA tweeting bank (which I set up on my own). There have been 1904 page views of the latter and 485 page views of the former. The #DeclareForDemocracy hashtag indicates only one tweet has been sent as urged in The IOWA tweeting bank  That tweet is
Bob Krause, a candidate for the U.S. Senate in Iowa, retweeted me. I reported this at Iowa - U.S. Senate and sent tweets urging tweeting on behalf of Mr. Krause. There have been 335 page views of Iowa - U.S. Senate.

While the national Sanders campaign team has not responded to the tweeting banks proposal made to it, local Sanders groups and individual Sanders supporters have shown interest in tweeting banks. @BayArea4Bernie called me to ask some questions.

@JonesRacovieur is a Sanders supporter and lists Congressional canddiates    on her Twitter profile. She and some of the candidates have liked or retweeted me, such as 3 retweets of

This stimulated


I live in Alabama. Two things I have done locally are, first, Let's get real, AL (regarding the Senate race in Alabama, for which I have gotten 300 page views by tweeting locally), and yesterday I tweeted to followers of a local Democratic organization tweets that said "Reich: Clinton most qualified for system now; Sanders most qualified to get system we should have. http://2016candidatesdeclarations.blogspot.com/2016/01/robert-reich-on-clinton-and-sanders.html" (which yielded more than 100 page views).

The above are highlights from the past couple of week. I hope these highlights will stimulate more tweeting. The tweeting may be difficult to manage, but, please, join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment