Friday, February 19, 2016

Can someone explain #RestoreTheVRA tweeting?

Today my attention was called to yesterday's #RestoreTheVRA tweeting, when I saw the following tweet while scrolling through MAYDAY's tweets today:
I went to #RestoreTheVRA and scrolled through the February 18th tweets.

Without doing any counting, let me make a rough high end estimate of 400 tweets by 50 different tweeters.

I don't know how to make any estimate of the number of "impressions" of these tweets. Let's say 100,000 impressions for discussion purposes.

I have a basic question of: How far did the messaging of the tweeting extend beyond like minded persons who share the views of the tweeters and who readily agreed with the messaging?

In other words, to what extent did the messaging reach persons who have little or no knowledge about, or interest in, the VRA, and may or may not agree with the messaging?

That's hard to quantify, but at least the question can be asked: Is there any way tweeting can be done that would achieve messaging that reached significantly more persons who have little or no knowledge about, or interest in, the VRA.

I think the answer is yes.

While I think the answer is yes, the next question I want to ask is: If there is a way to do tweeting that achieves messaging that reaches significantly more persons who have little or no knowledge about, or interest in, the VRA, is that something which is desired?

I would think that the obvious answer to the question is yes, there should be a desire to do tweeting that achieves messaging that reaches significantly more persons who have little or no knowledge about, or interest in, the VRA.

I say that because I would assume that a main object is to expose such other persons to the messaging, to put thoughts about the VRA in their heads, and to try to persuade such other people to agree with the messaging about the VRA.

Can you please help me out on this?

Do you agree that there should be a desire to do tweeting that achieves messaging that reaches significantly more persons who have little or no knowledge about, or interest in, the VRA?

Or do you think that is unimportant and not something to struggle much with?

2 comments:

  1. Rob, thank you for posting these remarks. You have my attention. I'd like to know how you would suggest that @DemAwakening and its likely friends (such as you and I) achieve messaging that grabs the attention and sparks that interest of greater numbers of persons who know little if anything about why what has been happening to the VRA matters greatly to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. Please read http://2016candidatesdeclarations.blogspot.com/2016/02/breaking-out-part-ii.html, which I posted this morning. Then, if you want, let's discuss further at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/2016congressionalcandidatesdeclarations. To post there, you need to apply to be a member, which I will approve. Then we can discuss there.

      Delete