Saturday, January 16, 2016

Bernie in Alabama Weekend

To Bernie Sanders supporters in Alabama:

I am a resident in Mountain Brook, AL.

I am trying to instigate a nationwide citizen effort to get candidates who are running for Congress to make public declarations to the effect that Congress, before November 8, 2016, must confront whether or not it is badly corrupt and pass reform for the voters to consider in casting their votes in November. For more information about this citizen effort, see 2016 Congressional candidates' Declarations.

I am calling this citizen effort #DeclareForDemocracy.

I believe #DeclareForDemocracy melds well with Bernie Sanders' Presidential campaign, and there is potential for significant synergy.

I started urging for such synergy in July, shortly after Senator Sanders announced his Presidential quest. See my blog entry Proposed messaging re: Congress.

It is, of course, up to Senator Sanders to decide whether he thinks his campaign should promote #DeclareForDemocracy as a means to help his Presidential campaign.

With Iowa being the first to vote in their caucuses on February 1st, I am assiduously trying to promote #DeclareForDemocracy in Iowa. See DeclareForDemocracy - IOWA.

The Alabama primary election is on March 1st, and I am sure many Sanders supporters are hard at work in Alabama in connection with the March 1st primary. 

The Sanders campaign in Alabama appears to be getting into high gear this weekend with

Embedded image permalink

I am writing this blog entry and tweeting links to the entry to Bernie Sanders supporters in Alabama in order that they may be informed about #DeclareForDemocracy and consider whether it can be a useful component of their efforts in Alabama regarding the March 1st primary.

Anyone with questions about #DeclareForDemocracy and how it might be used by the Sanders campaign in Alabama should please contact me. I am available for phone conversations or in person meetings in the Birmingham area.

Thank you.

ADDENDUM 1/19
I am not aware of any formal interest of the Sanders campaign in Alabama to incorporate promotion of #DeclareForDemocracy as part of the campaign's efforts in Alabama. If any Sanders supporters in Alabama think that would be a good idea, they can contact the Sanders campaign in Alabama to find out what the campaign thinks. Alternatively, Sanders supporters in Alabama may decide they want to work on #DeclareForDemocracy in Alabama in their own individual capacity.

If the campaign thinks promoting #DeclareForDemocracy would help Senator Sanders in Alabama, and the campaign wants to contact me about the that, I will be very welcome to hear from the campaign.

If a Sanders supporter in Alabama wants to work in his or her individual capacity on #DeclareForDemocracy in Alabama, I will welcome the supporter contacting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment